We train hard all year. We are patient and persistent. We avoid parties, drugs or alcohol. We are on a diets. Basically we sacrifice really much to look muscular. But when we go outside nobody’s impressed with our muscles because they can’t see it, we have the clothes on.
So what can we do? Will we run without a t-shirt all day? Or will we roll up our sleeves to show off our biceps? Well, I don’t know much about you but I think it’s a bit stupid.
Let’s think.. What muscles are visible when we wear a t-shirt? Forearms and neck. Yes, to make an impression with your muscles, even if you have a t-shirt on, you have to focus on these body parts. After whole year of hard training, dieting and sacrifices you don’t want to look like any other guy standing next to you.
Does this make an impression? Would you like to fight with him? Neither do I. It’s a neck of Mike Tyson.
Of course we don’t need our neck to be as thick but if you’re not living in a place that you can go topless all day and you want to look muscular you have to give these areas some extra work.
- Reverse Barbell Biceps Curls
- Dumbbell Hammer Curls
- Wrists Curls
- Reverse Wrist Curls
- Behind Back Wrist Curls
- Neck Curls – lay back on a bench with your head behind the edge. Put a plate on your forehead and curl your neck up and down.
- Neck Side Flexion – lay sideway on a bench. Put a plate on a side of your head and flex your neck towards your shoulder.
- Weighted Neck Extension – sit on a bench and bent over on your thighs. Put a plate on the back of your head and hyperextend your neck by lifting the head up and return until chin will touch to your chest
Remember that the neck is very sensitive area that’s why be very careful, use light weight and higher repetition scheme (15-25). Perform exercises very slowly. You can put the towel or something soft under the plate to make exercise more comfortable.
Here is an interesting neck workout:
Don’t forget that neck muscles are a part of traps, that’s why you should give them some extra work too.
- Barbell Shrugs
- Dumbbell Shrugs
- Barbell Shrugs Behind Back
- Upright Rows
You can add Farmer’s Walk at the end of your workout. Great exercise that will hit hard your traps and forearms.