After completing beginners full body workout and half body workout you can start at last the proper bodybuilding split. This is an 8 weeks mass building routine. All your muscles will be divided now into groups and trained separately only one day in a week.
Monday – Chest, Biceps, ABS
Tuesday – off,
Wednesday – Shoulders, Traps and Legs
Thursday – off,
Friday – Back, Triceps, Lower Back
Saturday – off
Sunday – off.
- Barbell Bench Press 12/10/8
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 12/10/8
- Dumbbell Pull Over 12/10/8
- Barbell Curls 12/10/8
- Dumbbell Hammer Curls 12/10/8
- Concentration Curls 12/10/8
- Weighted Crunches 12/10/8
- Lying Leg Raises 12/10/8
- Squat 12/10/8
- Lunges 12/10/8
- Leg Extensions 12/10/8
- Seated Calf Raises 15/12/10
- Military Press 12/10/8
- Side Lateral Raises 12/10/8
- Bent Over Lateral Raises 12/10/8
- Barbell Shrugs 12/10/8
- Wide Grip Pull Downs 12/10/8 (to the chest)
- 1-Arm Dumbbell Row 12/10/8
- Cable Row 12/10/8
- Lower Back
- Back Extensions 12/10/8
- Close Grip Bench Press 12/10/8
- 1-Arm Overhead Triceps Extensions 12/10/8 (each arm)
- Cable Press Downs 12/10/8
Warm-up – about 10-15 mins moderate cardio – as usual. Every muscle group start with 2 light sets of 15 reps (about 50% weight of your first working set). You don’t need to do any warm-up sets for another exercise of the same muscle group.
12/10/8 means that you have to do 3 sets. First set – 12 repetitions, add more weight and do 10 reps, add more weight again and perform last set of 8 reps. Don’t worry if you can’t do the exact number of repetitions. It’s ok if you’ll do 11/9/7 reps or even 10/8/6. Just use weight that will allow you to stay within 12-6 repetition range.
Rest between sets – 60 seconds.
Tempo – 1 second up, pause at the top for 1 sec. trying to squeeze your muscles, 2 seconds down keeping your muscles contracted.
Chose a challenging weight that you’ll have to fight with in a last repetitions.
Keep adding weight, week by week, even small but constant increase.
That’s a very simple and effective routine. Measure yourself before you start and keep tracking the progress in your logbook. After 8 weeks change this routine into something harder.